We connect. Celestia.
We are an international, multi technology group focused on continuous innovation in spacecraft communications. We deliver technology products, systems and services to the space, defence, telecoms and satellite markets, investing in research and development to give our customers a true competitive edge. We are experts in RF Engineering, Ground Station Systems, Payload Simulation and Testing and IoT and offer a fully integrated Ground Station installation approach.
Global in reach, our multi-disciplined teams create smart responses to communications challenges using new ideas, new technologies and new ways of thinking. For over 25 years, our business has been synonymous with world-class innovation, quality and engineering excellence with a customer focus.
Celestia Satellite Test & Simulation BV (C-STS) provides innovative high‐tech solutions to the international space community to support spacecraft development, Assembly Integration and Test (AIT) as well as post launch and operational services.
Our core activities include the design, development and delivery of complex electronics-based products:
- EGSE – electrical ground support equipment used to simulate and test satellite sub-system interfaces
- TT&C – telemetry, tracking & command equipment used to communicate with satellites in space
- Optical Digital Converters – a sub-system of optical ground stations enabling data retrieval from satellite sent to ground via laser communication means
What will your job look like?
With increasing commitments and anticipated growth, we are hiring engineers across several disciplines at both our offices in Europe. This specific role is for a Modem Engineer to join our team based in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Celestia-STS core activities include the design, development and support of high-complexity electronics-based systems. These include products for Satellite Simulation & Test (Electrical Ground Support Equipment), TTC & TM/TC Systems, Modems (RF and Optical) as well as Data Processing Systems.
Due to company’s current growth, we are searching for a Modem Engineer. Our new colleague will be responsible for cutting-edge engineering focusing on design, implementation and support of Modems used for the modulation, demodulation and signal processing of Satellite Communication links. This role will include involvement in defining modem system architectures, DSP Algorithms and system operations from initial architectural design through to finished products as well as hands-on development and support both with C-STS engineers and customers.
Our new colleague shall Analyse, Model, Design, Develop and Validate Modems that satisfy SATCOM requirements in terms of Performance and Quality and market demands for cost and development Time. Primarily he/she should be able to support both legacy and new modem designs throughout the complete project lifecycle.
What will be your challenges?
- Gathering system requirements, deriving and issuing specifications
- Resolving system design trade-offs
- Interacting with system engineers, as well as VHDL and FPGA specialists and SW designers
- Organizing and handling Firmware outsourcing regarding Modem and FEC solutions
- Supporting TT&C and High Rate legacy products
- Supporting Verification and Validation Lab benches and procedures
- Preparing formal documentation for project or/and product-oriented activities
- Contributing to proposals regarding innovative Satellite Communications technologies
- Analysing, Modelling and Simulating DSP algorithms
So if you know your Signal Processing, Digital Modulations schemes (e.g. GMSK, OQPSK, QPSK), C, C++, Matlab, Simulink and HW/SW platform prototyping development, FEC (trellis, convolutional codes, BCH codes, LDPC, turbo codes, this role will be of interest to you.
With these skills you probably have a degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
We are looking for engineers who want to join a team in a high-tech, dynamic company and who have the enthusiasm and experience to develop and test new solutions for satellites and ground stations.
If this is you, we welcome you to apply!
#SATCOM #phasedarray #BEAMFORMERS #DSP #FPGA #XILINX #MATLAB #C #C++ #RFSYSTEMS #VHDL #PCB #PhasedArrayAntenna #MICROWAVE #MATLAB #JIRA #JTAG #QUALITY #RADIOFREQUENCY #candoattitude
What we offer
Working at Celestia will give you the opportunity to develop your career by working on highly innovative projects.
Furthermore, we offer:
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment
- Generous annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- An office that is easy to access by car and by public transport
We prefer to work at the office, with occasional travel to our international sites. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive welcoming work environment where everyone is happy, productive, and able to maximize their individual potential.
Find out more about us at www.celestia-sts.com.
Information & procedure
If you are interested, we invite you to apply.